Terms and Conditions of Use
Your acknowledgement of the terms and conditions of use
By accessing the MEC Website you, the user, acknowledge and confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to the following terms and conditions of use. Furthermore, you agree to be bound by all applicable laws as well as any other applicable rules and conditions. If you do not understand or agree with these terms and conditions you must stop accessing and using the MEC Website.
Scope of right to use
- All text footage, pictures, graphics, software, applications, sound samples, animations videos, corporate logos and brands, the layout of the MEC Website, as well as other content contained in the MEC Website, hereinafter jointly referred to as “MEC Website Content”, are protected by trademark and copyright law and other laws for the protection of intellectual property and may be subject to third parties’ rights.
- Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd does not grant any license rights or other rights regarding the use of the intellectual property rights in the MEC Website Content unless otherwise specified herein. The copying, distributing, reproducing, forwarding, otherwise using of these intellectual property rights in the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content including the making available to third parties is not permitted without the prior written consent of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd.
- The user is only permitted to view and use the MEC Website Content for his or her own personal, non-commercial use as part of his or her use of the MEC Website. This on the condition that the content is not altered in the course of copying and all references to intellectual property rights are retained in the copy, or inserted if only extracts from the MEC Website are used.
- The content of press releases and other documents classified as public may be used in public communications save the condition that the permission granted hereunder does not apply to those parts of public documents which are protected by trademark or copyright law, or other legal regulations. Any use of such material is made in the sole responsibility of the user.
- Access to or use of the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content from countries, where this access or this use is unlawful, is not permitted. In this case, and if the user wants to enter into business relations with Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd, the user should contact representatives of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd in the respective country.
- Any other use of the MEC Website as well as the MEC Website Content is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Condition
Restrictions of Use
The user must in particular not, without the prior written consent of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd:
- use the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use any registered or unregistered trademarks or signs on the MEC Website or in the MEC Website Content without the prior written consent of the respective owner;
- translate, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the MEC Website or MEC Website Content in whole or in part;
- remove any notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights from the MEC Website Content;
- frame or otherwise embed MEC Website Content in your or a third party website;
- mirror any part of the MEC Website;
- create a database by systematically storing and downloading all or any MEC Website Content; or
- use any robot, spider, site search application or retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content.
Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd does not give any express or implied warranties, nor does it make any representations, nor does it assume any responsibility that:
- the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content are available without interruption;
- the use of the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content will not infringe any third party rights;
- the MEC Website as well as the MEC Website Content are free from errors or are complete, accurate or up-to-date at all times;
- other web pages accessed by hyperlinks from the MEC Website, irrespective of whether these belong to affiliated companies of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd or third parties, do not infringe third party rights or are free from errors, or that applicable data protection provisions are complied with; or
- the MEC Website is free from viruses, bugs, malware, or similar malicious programs.
Any forward-looking statements made on the MEC Website are based on the beliefs and judgement of the management of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd at the time of their publication and are therefore subject to risks and uncertainties. No assurance is given that these forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate and complete. Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd is under no obligation towards the user to update such forward-looking statements and accepts no liability whatsoever for these statements.
Limitation of Liability
Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd does not accept any liability for:
- defects in rights regarding the MEC Website or MEC Website Content;
- any loss or damage arising as a result of inhibited access or non-accessibility of the MEC Website as well as MEC Website Content;
- any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of the MEC Website or of any of the MEC Website Content; or
- the availability of the content of third party websites or any loss or damage resulting from their use, regardless of the purpose of use
whereas Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd does not limit its liability under statutory law for the violation of life, body or health caused by willful intent or gross negligence of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd or its representatives.
The MEC Website and the MEC Website Content are operated and managed by Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd. Save the provisions herein, the MEC Website and the MEC Website Content take into account the requirements of the country, in which MEC in charge is based. Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd accepts no responsibility if (i) the MEC Website is accessed, or (ii) if the MEC Website Content is used or downloaded from the MEC Website, in places outside the country concerned. When the user accesses the MEC Website from places outside the country concerned, the user is solely responsible for complying with the regulations that apply in accordance with their respective national laws.
Amendments to the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content or Terms and Conditions
Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to make amendments or additions, to the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content. Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions of use from time to time at its sole discretion without any obligation to inform the user. The user agrees that his or her continued use of the MEC Website constitutes his or her consent to respective changes of the terms and conditions as applicable.
Violation of these Terms and Conditions
Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd reserves the right to deny the user’s access to the MEC Website in whole or in part at any time in case of the user’s non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions or the user’s infringement of the rights of Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd in the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content or any third parties’ rights. Furthermore, the user herewith indemnifies and holds harmless Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with (i) the use of, or activities in connection with, the MEC Website and MEC Website Content, or (ii) any violation of these Terms and Conditions by the user.
These Terms and Conditions and all questions and disputes relating to the use of the MEC Website or the MEC Website Content are exclusively subject to the laws of Malaysia excluding the provisions of international private law and any international conventions or treaties Malaysia is a member or signatory to.
Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes
Millennium E & C (M) Sdn Bhd does not commit to participate in alternative dispute resolution procedures in front of an alternative dispute resolution entity to resolve disputes with consumers.